For World Swallowtail Day 2020 we are launching our first ever photo competition!
Please send us your images of any swallowtail butterfly to have a chance of winning one of ten copies of this wonderful book about Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing, one of our rarest and most endangered species (terms and conditions apply: see below).
See your photographs shared on World Swallowtail Day 2020.
Competition closes on Sunday 31st May.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Welcome to the Swallowtail and Birdwing Butterfly Trust
1. You may enter up to four photos by forwarding files to email@example.com They must be images only of butterflies from the swallowtail family Papilionidae.
2. The competition is open to anyone, including amateur and professional photographers. Submissions must be received by midnight GMT on Sunday 31st May 2020. There will be ten winners, each of whom will receive a copy of the book “Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing Butterfly”.
3. Images must be digital in .jpg format, with a file size greater than 2MB but less than 7MB and at least 1600 pixels on the shortest edge. Each photo must be a high-resolution image (preferably 300 dpi but no less than 150 dpi). If you are not sure how large your image is, then check its properties on your computer or get in touch with us. Entrants may be asked to supply the original photo should they make it to the shortlisted round. The competition organisers and judges reserve the right to exclude any image that does not meet these requirements.
4. Each image file must be labelled with your name and the species portrayed. For example, the file name might be “AN Other_Swallowtail”.
5. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be considered for the final round. Acceptable are adjustments to colour, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; cropping; black and white conversions. The competition organisers and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity. Photographs should also be free of any credits/watermarks.
6. Photographers shall retain the copyright of any entered photos.
7. Your entry into this photography competition constitutes your agreement to grant the Swallowtail & Birdwing Butterfly Trust a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display the photographs you submit to the Swallowtail & Birdwing Butterfly Trust, for use in any Swallowtail & Birdwing Butterfly Trust publication or webpage related to the Photographic Competition, and to be used in Swallowtail & Birdwing Butterfly Trust promotions, including, but not limited to, advertising future photographic competitions, publications from Swallowtail & Birdwing Butterfly Trust or other organisations, exhibitions, future marketing materials and campaigns, webpages, email bulletins. We will endeavour to ensure that your images are always duly credited but are unable to take responsibility should your name be omitted.
8. All entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must not infringe on the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole copyright in all photographs entered.
9. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the competition organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if the organisers have reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
10. A list of winners will appear on the website with their photographs. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into beyond acknowledgement of receipt.
To enter the competition please send your image files to firstname.lastname@example.org